Sunday 14 August 2016

Moving Like A Slug

I'm teaching an exercise class beginning in September. I bet you never guessed I was a fitness guru.
O.K. let's not get carried away. I'm teaching Sit and be Fit. I obtained my certificate years ago and have led classes on and off since. I love doing them and I'm pleased to have the opportunity again. They will be held in the church hall; tea and biscuits afterwards.

These things have a habit of snowballing and I've been approached by  a studio in town to teach for them. Hmmm-the studio is run by earnest young women who do yoga, eat clean, wear work out clothes 24/7 and continuously sip something thick and green from an environmentally appropriate container. One can only hope their good habits will rub off on me.

Honey and Rosie have been enrolled in puppy class. First night was last Wednesday. Three puppies ended up in detention for playing rough at recess-two of them were ours.

Adorable grandson and I go on early morning slug hunts and let his mama sleep. Yesterday was a particularly good haul. He could not be dissuaded from running into the bedroom and waking Mom by shoving the bucket of slugs under her nose. The woman is a saint, she did not scream, protest or retch.

berkshirebotanical.org/attack-of-the-slugs/

8 comments:

  1. Well, that studio must have liked what they saw, so you should be proud! What a great opportunity.
    Good luck-sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is always plenty of laughter in my classes-perhaps they think it is stand up comedy night.

      Delete
  2. Hello - I've not yet to come across Sit and be Fit…. I'm sure you could travel the world offering that class, come to Australia sounds great! I've been sitting in front of the telly every evening watching the supreme athletes of the Olympic Games so if I could work out a way to do this and get fit that would be amazing :)
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ride my exercise bike when watching TV. Sit and be fit is very popular with the over 70s so you don't have to seek out a class just yet.

      Delete
  3. This was so fun to read. It had me smiling from beginning to end. Congratulations on teaching the classes, but if I were you, I'd stay away from the green drink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get the smoothie thing-why break down the fibre before you ingest it.

      Delete
  4. Oh, those puppies! If it makes you feel better, my sister's dog was in detention many times but is the best dog now. I like to think that, the smarter they are, the more exuberant they are as pups. I love the description of your grandson and his bucket o' slugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you can imagine 2 puppies and a 7yr old boy is a recipe for chaos.

      Delete